Saturday, November 26, 2005

toddler ponchos and shorts

I wanted to make something for dd. We bought yarn for a little jacket/poncho combo but I'd have to hand knit since it's a bulky yarn. After putting it off for a couple of weeks I decided I needed to try it on my machine lol. I knit it on every other needle. As it turned out, I didn't have enough needles to do a full size poncho, so I tried short rowing around - sort of knitting a circular poncho sideways then grafted shut. I don't know how this happened but after one short row swatch I decided to just wing it rather than do the math and my first attempt worked and is even the right size. The knitting gods were smiling on me for sure!
I'm adding some colorful boucle edging by hand - pics later tonight perhaps.

I did one leg with a corrugated trim on the rainbow shorts. I'm liking it so far. I hope i can duplicate it on the other side eek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.curlypurly.com/wwfblogring/images/wwfbutton.jpg