Saturday, November 05, 2005

I think I need a keeper

I am still shaking over this one. I borrowed hubby's suv this afternoon to move some furniture. We met for dinner then I drove home with dd in the car with me. When we got there I gathered some things and went in, put dd to bed and sat around stewing because hubby had driven off in his car with my knitting still in it. Imagine! Interruption-free knitting time and my current project is not available.

sooo... hubby gets home later, wanders upstairs and asks "why is your knitting bag-thing in the middle of the driveway?" I was confused and alarmed as you may imagine. I questioned him and determined that yes, he meant in the middle of the driveway, not by the car where I could possibly have set it down "temporarily".

Yes, he did mean it's in the driveway as in he left it there.
He did not bring it in - his reasoning being that I had surely left it there on purpose for some mysterious (presumably female) reason of my own. uh-huh. This particularly male way of thinking goes a long to way towards explaining his lack of initiative regarding housework. Yeah honey, I meant to leave that empty poptart box on the counter for an entire week! Don't you dare touch it! Cad!

Anyway....I said "you mean by the car? I must have set it on the ground". He replied, "no I mean in the MIDDLE of the driveway out by the side of the house".

So, I scurry downstairs, out into the dark of night and sure enough, well out into the middle of the driveway there's my bag, still upright with my knitting safe and secure. After a few moments puzzling and speculation about the possibility of a disappointed burglar dumping the bag I realize what actually happened.

When I got home, I put the bag on the back bumper to get dd out. Then I left it. He backed up, took off and it fell off. If it had not fallen off the bumper the darn thing could have made it to a 5 lane major thoroughfare on a Saturday night. Not pretty. In the bag, among other things were my inox needles, a good stash of embroidery yarns, a partially finished baby cardigan still on the Addis,

oh and just this one little thing......

If my KIYP knitting notebook had been in the bag I'd be well on my way to a total breakdown.

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Davina said...

Just wondering if I can comment now. So glad your stuff was all okay.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Gryhund said...

I don't think your bag fell...I think it jumped for its own safety (and your sanity)!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.curlypurly.com/wwfblogring/images/wwfbutton.jpg