So where the heck have i been?
ah well it's been a while since i posted. hmm... I finished up the custom order that I auctioned way back this summer. It's since been delivered safely.
Anyway, it's super cute with a toy box motif. The bottom is hand dyed mfl to look like a wood toy box, the top is embroidered with toys spilling out of it including a clown, top, block, sailboat and a waldorf style doll.


Just finished up and sold on middayfaire another Out of Africa soaker entitled "tree of life"

Look carefully and you can see the origins of the out of africa series in the toy box soaker. Yes, they are all toy box wannabees - rejected because color or sizing wasn't exactly what I was going for. There's nothing WRONG with them of course, I just tend to get a little carried away perfecting the customs.
Also on ebay right now is a "goth cloth" soaker with goth cloth on the rear and a simple gothic cross on the front.
There was a thread recently on mdc about goth and diapers and whether or not it was appropriate. But, despite what people may think, I was not inspired by that thread but by my constant and annoying GOTH typo when attempting to type got cloth in emails! One day a few months ago it clicked and I determined to make a goth cloth soaker.
I used cascade 220 for it and although it worked out fine, I've already bought some black plymouth galway to see if I can do a heavier weight version. Maybe this will be a regular offering for me but I need some more goth imagery to work from. Suggestions welcome. Didn't really want to do a skull.
Also in the works....pink longlegs that I am totally stumped on. Can't get any creative ideas going on these. Also, perfect rainbow bfl longlegs. I had the yarn dyed as backup for the waistband on th toy box soaker but as it happened did not need it. It's nice stuff tho. One day I will get back to them.
oh I had a great time making curly purly pumpkins. So great in fact, that toy designs are spinning around in my head. No telling if any of them will come to fruition. I have promised to work up a simple "stuffable" craft item for my dd's preschool class so it's looking like I'm gonna design snowmen/people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home