Friday, May 13, 2005

gee I need to keep up

Just a quick note here - I finally had an auction for a custom. luckily the winning bidder is expecting so I have some time lol. We've settled on a theme so I've been dyeing yarn and knitting a test soaker. I used the blue face leicester that I bought a couple of weeks ago. It knit up fine, a little heavy for my machine. I had to pull it out and size down a notch to compensate. The sizing is just right. I had planned to combine it with some other yarn in a diff brand but now I think it would not do well with the gauge diff. I guess I'll order some more bfl and dye it up.
I'm also scouring the internet for some Knit One Crochet Two parfait in "milk chocolate" and would appreciate any leads in that direction.

finished up knitting Eli's shorts - oh and yes I fixed the waistband casing that I put on backwards lol. I added to the rise a little while I was at it. Anyway, they turned out great so I bit the bullet and dip dyed them. That's a always a little scary with finished knitting as anything could go wrong. They turned out great tho just like I had planned. I should be able to get embroidering them soon.

I sent out a tester for the simple rolled edge soaker that I worked up based on the clever pattern by Ruth at warmheartwoolies.com. She knit the rolled edge as she went. It worked out quite well on my tester. I need to do some tweaking. I'm not using her pattern of course and have not actually seen it but am just taking her idea of doing the rolled edge as you go and putting my own twist to it.
I've long wanted to offer a simple soaker on my site, something basic, affordable and functional - oh and attainable lol. Maybe this will be the key. It will be a while before i have it fully tested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.curlypurly.com/wwfblogring/images/wwfbutton.jpg