Thursday, December 08, 2005

The knitting gods are happy

Can't think what inspired the knitting gods to bless me but they did! I ordered some wool online (lion wool) from Joanns. 2 skeins, usually enough for a pair of pants. Well, I got thru the body and one leg before running out. aack. Joanns does not mathc dyed lots btw - they don't even guarantee it will match when you buy at the same time. So, there was no getting it there.

I stopped in an Hancocks in town today and lo and behold the same dye lot, same color. wahooooo.

I was sweating it because I'm making a new style Baby longlegs based on a modified gansey gusset I did in miniature last year when I was experimenting. I'd hate to give them up and start over. They will prob be tie dyed or dipped....haven't decided yet.

Am also making my first organic soaker - but it will be koolaid dyed so I guess technically that's not organic lol
The yarn is Treliske organic merino 8 ply and it is hands down the softest yarn I have ever felt. I don't care if it does felt like crazy or pill all over the place I'm loving it haha. Just kidding. I'll issue warnings when I sell it.
Still, I've done a lot of patons merino soakers and the moms that report back are happy with them. I think the light felting I do makes a difference as far a pilling goes.

gotta go watch cinderella. great. can't. wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.curlypurly.com/wwfblogring/images/wwfbutton.jpg