Thursday, April 07, 2005

Golf shorts finished and sold


I finished the shorts and auctioned them on ebay. The winning bidder bought them for her dd so I'm going to add some flowers and such to girl them up a little. I can't believe I didn't do a dogwood in the first place so now I get to have a chance. I found the perfect top to go with them in the pro shop at the National. Now I just need a few hours uninterrupted time to work on them.
I cut my thumb night before last while cooking so I haven't done anything with them yet. Then yesterday I reached for my knitting notebook and snagged the cut on the spiral binding. It was not pretty.


Plus, I'm having a lot of carpal tunnel type problems, or perhaps tendonitis. You'd think that knitting would be bad but I think maybe the embroidery is worse on it. I use my right hand to hold the work and it stays pretty tense the entire time. PLus, that's my mouse hand....hmmm maybe I should cut back on computer time YA THINk????
I don't think an emboidery hoop would work but I need to work out a better system.

so, in the imterim I started another pair of shorts - did the gusset slightly different. Some parts are better, some not. I'll keep tweaking until I get it to the best way to do it and hopefully will write it down. I still had to do some reinforcing but it was more knitting overkill rather than necessary. The machine portion goes fast which is great but pretty much has to be done in one shot without interruptions or I lose my place. Hmmm that can be a problem lol
I meant to try a leaning increase at each gusset edge but forgot. I thought I'd try to add the very beginning row of a gansey gusset to get the stitches leaning in the right direction, then immediately switch to my gusset. I think that would do a lot to smooth the transtion at the corner stitch.

The problem is everytime I want to try another way I have to make another whole garment. Bummer. These are cascade eco which is not a good yarn to pull out. It tends to fuzz easily. That's the price of softness. It's the leftover from the goldfish family fun - medium. I think I will even do the same design or similar.

I'm waiting on some blue face leceister. I'll try again when that gets here. I really want to do some tie dye shorts.

I saw a wisteria the other day that was all shades of brown - the blooms were tan it was soo cool. I keep thinking of doing one with all cascade eco which comes in earthy shades naturally. The original wisteria was done with leftover purple/blue for the blooms that I'll probably never be able to replicate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.curlypurly.com/wwfblogring/images/wwfbutton.jpg