Sunday, March 20, 2005

EUREKA!

Man how many shorts and pants do I have to make before I get it right?? The design process is sooo involved. I have a newfound respect for professional designers. Wait, that's me now lol
anyway, after making one pair of perfection shorts, a mini short with alternate gusset, another mini with unsuccessful alternate gusset and of course all of the other pants and shorts that I have made before suddenly it came to me. I have finally figured out how to do it - and best it all it's with minimal hand knitting - wahoo. The hand knitted portion will be interesting to do as well which is important to me as I tend to get bored with plain knitting. I like to save the hand stuff for embroidery, colorwork and cables, ya know? Plus I have gauge issues that turn up with hand knitted legs aacck.

I'll probably be up all night trying out my new idea. I can't believe I didn't think if this before. If it wasn't for the perfection gusset with the garter....and believe it or not the wetbags I'd have never thought of this approach.

I could be wrong and back to drawing board tomorrow. We shall see.

Wish me luck!
Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.curlypurly.com/wwfblogring/images/wwfbutton.jpg