Sunday, February 13, 2005

Getting ready for tomorrow's stocking

I had planned to try to stock 2 soakers tomorrow - wait - today! it's after 12 pm I see. Anyway, I haven't finished the "wisteria" soaker I am making. It is really looking good. The effect if working out much better than I'd envisioned. It's also taking longer. A lot longer. But, it's looking so good I feel like I need to go for it and not even try to finish up in time for tomorrow. I think this may be my personal favorite so far. Can't wait to finish up and take pics!

I made Rowan a scarf for her 3rd birthday. She picked out the yarn herself but when she opened the present today she just cast it aside and refused to put it on. Well, actually she was letting me put it on but I knocked her birthday hat off and that was the straw that aggravated the toddler beyond repair I guess. She had a great time tho and ate a lot of cake. Jim and I happened upon a rubber duck sale at toys r us yesterday - 90% off! - so they were 30 cents each. We bought 4 plus a jumbo duck so she was in duck lovin' heaven.
2 milestones today - She actually said "I need to go to the bathroom" and had me take off her diaper (daisy doodle) so she could go. She also informed me that she was hungry and ate supper when we went out to eat (duckies in tow of course). This kid never eats and certainly never indicates hunger. I'm encouraged! Maybe one day we can wean lol.

On the knitting front, I have finished knitting the soaker I'm making for a trade and hope to start the embellishments asap. I am taking the perfection pants class at woolywonder.com but have not even started my pants! aack! I just can't make myself do that much hand knitting so I think I will try to adapt some portions of the pattern to the machine to get a good start.

Rowan's scarf.....with tassel people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.curlypurly.com/wwfblogring/images/wwfbutton.jpg