Inside a Knit In Your Pants
Well, I suspect that by now pretty much everyone that cares has seen the "wandering wisteria" soaker that I have listed on ebay.
I've had some not so tasteful emails wondering how long it took etc...I think they were expecting me to justify myself or something.
so, here's something to think about. I took this photo of the inside of the Wisteria soaker. As you can see there are a lot of yarn ends to weave in and overall I think I do a pretty tidy job of it. I make an effort to make sure there are no loose threads or long floats on the back that can snag.
I'm making the mini soaker now - decided that I would just go ahead and do both a fridge magnet and keychain rather than make buyer pick one. It's the least I can do, huh?

For those of you that are interested in the Fairy Longlegs I have temporarily set them aside. It was getting late in the year and I really could not devote the time to them I would like. I'll get back to it eventually.
I am taking the perfection pants class at woolywonder.com and am loving the pattern. Well, I love the portions I have chosen to follow at least. I knit with a machine and already had a pants pattern that I liked so I did my booty shaping on the machine, then picked up by hand and substituted Pam's gansey gusset for mine. I love love love it and it is super easy to knit. I like patterns that can be put down and picked up later without losing your place. doing the garter gusset makes it easy to see if you are on an increase round or if you should just purl across. Plus, it kinda thick and squishy feeling which is nice. I still haven't done the grafting which is a little scary. I tried to do my pants this way once but was not happy with my grafting and didn't try again. I will wait for the class to get to that point so I can pepper pam with questions along with everyone else!
Pamela has given me permission to incorporate some of her gusset ideas into my pants pattern so I am very lucky to have her work it all out for me :) I think I will make some changes but learning how to do this has really helped me. I was starting to think I would not make shorts this year because my old method, although attractive in fit, was a pain to execute. I will be able to make my pants with exactly the same fit but more knitting-correct if that makes sense.
Pamela will be receiving the final product from the class as a big thank you!
I'll add some pics later

1 Comments:
Oh, wow! You do that so well!! it looks so nice and tidy. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home