Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Evergreen Got cloth soaker

I'm working on this soaker for a custom although it is turning out a little smaller than I anticipated.
Here are some pics of how I do my seams in the ribbed waistband. I have done some hand ribbing but I am a loose ribber and cannot for the life of me get it tight enough. Besides ribbing on the machine is way cool :)

I knit a one by one ribbing in two pieces onto the body of the soaker (front and back sections) The seams are worked up the sides. I reserve a stitch on each side of the soaker which I will later blend into the side seam. I sew a seam leaving long ladders all the way up, them pick up the reserved stitch and latch up to make a very inconspicuous seam that is smooth and not bulky like a traditionally sewn seam. Knitters who have repaired dropped stitches will understand this technique I think.
The waistband lays smooth plus it looks good from each side so if the soaker is folded down it won't be an eyesore.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.curlypurly.com/wwfblogring/images/wwfbutton.jpg