Still not done....
I worked some more on the tie dye longlegs today. Unfortunately, Rowan did not sleep well last night so my big plans for finishing up were thwarted.
After doing the casing the new way, it seemed to me that the wool behind it would not be sufficient, esp when stretched so I added another layer picked up from the inside and knit. So, now the elastic will have two layers of wool between it and the diaper which should do quite well. So, there are 3 layers of knitting altogether but it looks like it won't be bulky. I kind of like it as far as a design element goes too.
It may seem strange to put an elastic waistband in a knitted soaker or pants, but when you think about it snap-on wool covers have elastic in them and seem to function well. I'm pretty set against offering drawstrings because of the liability issues. I'm not sure if it's a real hazard but you never know. The channel would be a good place to put a drawstring tho, so this technique "could" be adapted to a drawstring easily.
I hope the buyer has a camera so I can see them on! I'm not sure if they will be ready for tomorrow night. I need to finish up the ribbing. I might leave the legs to customize the length later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home