Piney Pants all done!
ahh...I finally finished up the Brown Longlegs. In honor of the dreaded "scratchy yarn" debacle I embroidered a pine branch on the front. They did turn out very attractive tho and a hearty dose of lanolin helped matters quite a bit. I did the elastic waistband casing on these too and am looking forward to getting some feedback from the buyer when I list them Friday.
I knit some on the tie-dyed longlegs today as well while Rowan slept on the sofa. Poor thing fell asleep sitting up while watching Caillou (who wouldn't?)She has a cold :(
On the tie dyes, I did the casing for the elastic a little differently. I pulled stitches thru the fabric 3 stitches below the edge, then knit a 4 row reverse stockinette casing in a contrasting yarn. I sewed the elastic by hand, laid it in the "channel" between the two knit pieces and then knit them together. I'm going to finish up the ribbing by hand in aran merino so at least the part touching the tummy will be soft. I liked doing the casing this way. I was able to put a slightly wider piece of elastic in, plus it sits flatter. I was also able to knit the two pieces together, whereas the other way I had to pull each stitch thru with a crochet hook and place them on the needle one at a time. I'm not really sure about the elastic sizing - it might be a little snug so these pants might be best on a tall slim toddler, esp with the skinny legs that I did by accident! I won't know until I bind off how they will measure up.
Here's a pic of how it looks on the needles while I'm knitting the casing together....and another of the back (inside) showing how smooth it is.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home