Sunday, November 07, 2004

Got Legs?

Whew! I finished up the second leg this morning. I try to knit a little in the mornings when dd is still feeling pretty good and willing to play alone for a bit.
Some projects just seem to go all wrong sometimes! I had to fight with the legs on these pants - lots of dropped stitches, etc. I fixed one I thought but after it was off the machine it was obvious that it was still wonky. I had to drop back and fix with a crochet hook 4 adjacent stitches for over 50 rows. acck!
But still, the machine knitting is easier on my wrists than manual and when it does go well it's fast! Plus, for me it's good to have the ability to consistently size my garments, something I would probably not be able to do my hand. I'm not the most consistent hand knitter, and am terrible at keeping notes/marking my stitches.

Here are a couple of pictures. The first shows me hanging the knitting on the machine prior to knitting the legs. The second shows the knitting fresh off the machine with both legs knit. The legs are crazy long but once I get it set up it's best to knit too long then shorten it later if needed. The rise is probably too long too but I can adjust that when I knit the waistband.
I'll weave in the loose ends and secure the unfinished edges before moving on to the next step.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.curlypurly.com/wwfblogring/images/wwfbutton.jpg